Wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating system is currently running without a thermostat. I want to install a wireless thermostat but I'm uncertain about what is needed. Do I just need a thermostats and receiver or is there other equipment I need?

Also, is it difficult to install the receiver on the boiler? I have a modern combination boiler.

Sponsored Links
If you get a wireless stat, dont go for the cheap one with only temperature.
Spend extra & get one that does temp at different times.
I have that but it is over ridden by the main timer.
I dont have a combi though, but I dont think that will matter.
Sorry cant help with wiring.

Depends which combi Most of them have a link which should be the switched connections from the reciever which will also require 240v. The transmitter runs from batteries

I fit the Siemens REV23 R/F, very good, does everything apart from make the tea ;)

Sponsored Links
I've got a Danfoss and fitted it myself. Straight forward if you have an idea of what your doing...if you don't then probably not best to tackle especially the 240v supply the receiver needs.

The only problem i've had with the Danfoss is when I tried to locate the sender too far away and behind too many walls, obstacles etc....this will be the same for all wireless senders you can't just slap them anywhere....best to trial the proposed location for a few days before you make it a permanent fixture...unless you like your walls to look like swiss cheese. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back