hive heating won't turn off baxi 105e HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all first post looking for some help!

I have recently purchased and installed hive active heating into my baxi combi 105e . Everything seems to be working apart that my boiler/heating will not turn off using hive.

My receiver is showing 2 green lights my hub is working and thermostat is paired.

I assume this is a wiring problem and was hoping someone would help diagnose the problem. Here is how I wired it:

Connect 1 in the boiler to 2 in the receiver.

Connect 2 in the boiler to 1 in the receiver.

Connect N in the boiler to N in the receiver.

Link L to 2 in the receiver

Was told if I maybe remove the link in the receiver this will sort it ? Just looking for some advice/help to ensure it gets done correctly this time !

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Good grief.

If you mean these boiler terminals -
upload_2018-1-17_17-29-20.png

Connect 1 in boiler to 1 in receiver
Connect 2 in boiler to 3 in receiver.
Connect N in boiler to N in receiver - you got one right.
Connect L in boiler to L in receiver.

Ha ! Thanks for the quick reply. I have followed your instructions and wired it the way you said but the boiler will still not turn off when using hive app or thermostat . Once again Hub receiver and thermostat seem to be working all showing green lights. May seem a silly question but what setting should the boiler be on when hive is connected? I have it set on hot water and central heating but it seems this is just ignoring hive altogether and constantly firing the heating?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have followed your instructions and wired it the way you said but the boiler will still not turn off when using hive app or thermostat .
OK ?

Once again Hub receiver and thermostat seem to be working all showing green lights.
Is the receiver light going out when it is supposed to be off?

May seem a silly question but what setting should the boiler be on when hive is connected? I have it set on hot water and central heating
That's right.

but it seems this is just ignoring hive altogether and constantly firing the heating?

What did you have before?
I presume there is no link wire between 1 and 2 in the boiler.

Sponsored Links
The receiver is following the commands I send to it via the app or thermostat. If I increase the heating temperature via app or thermostat the little central heating light comes on (green) if I turn heating off the central heating light on receiver goes off. So it seems this is working correctly. The top receiver light comes on when I restore power to the boiler then goes off as it should If i remember correctly.

I have removed the link that I had between 1 and 2 as per your instructions. So it is wired exactly how you told me to?

Can't get my head around why the boiler is constantly heating. I turned the heating off on the thermostat this morning at 10am and had to leave for work. Heating still blasting now according to the wife.

I assume it is a wiring problem however don't know where the problem lies as I wired it per your instructions.

Thanks again

Sorry read your reply wrong yes you are correct there is no link between 1 and 2 in the boiler

No. No links.

Something wrong somewhere.

Remove the wire from 3 on the receiver. Does boiler go off then?
If it does then there must be a problem with the Hive.

Ok will try this when I get home and let you know outcome

Cheers

Yes that is all . I am no longer using 2 as you said and now using 1 and 3

No , old thermostat and programmer was removed during renovation works. Boiler has been without a thermostat for months. Very strange why it won't turn off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back