Wiring multiple fixtures to two three way switches...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry Guys, I just noticed I had posted this in the UK forum by accident...

I have just completed remodeling my 2 car Garage into a new master Bedroom for my 16 Y/O daughter. I have done everything myself and have saved a mint. You folks have provided great reference material as I have completed the new room. Please keep in mind when I ask this question what I know has been gleaned from your posts and Home Depot electrical books. Ok here Goes. I have just completed the physical installation of 6 recessed lighting fixtures and am now ready to run the wiring. I have complete access to everything in the attic so running new wiring will be a snap. The biggest question as I have searched the net and posts here is how should I proceed. I have read two different methods, the first being, running the power to the first light directly from the main allowing the black (hot) to go directly from the main to the first switch and daisy chaining the white (common) from light to light (in on the black and out on the white) until reaching the first switch. Then running a new Romex cable with the red wire between both 3 way switches as diagramed on this board. I think I have that correct but would like conformation from one of you professionals. I have planned a dedicated 20 amp circuit to these lights and nothing else will be run on it. I am also planning to keep the wattage of each fixture to be no more than 65 Watts.

Suggestions are highly welcomed.

Thanks,

Bill

Sponsored Links
Back