Wiring Regs Spain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way to get my hands on some Spanish regs?

J.C.

Sponsored Links
Been working in the UK and I'm looking for the book that is the equivalant of the British 16th Edition Wiring Regulations. BS7671:2001(2004)

Regards
Jasper

Hi jcvdi,

In which area are you located in Spain ?

Do you speak Spanish fluently enough to understand the regs here ?

Sponsored Links
Mr Diaz, or anyone out there who is as knowledgeable as him,

Please can you advise how the control of eletrical installation work works in Spain.

I'm hoping to emigrate in the long term, but in the short term I'm starting to learn Spanish and I need to fix my family's house out there. I'm a registered, qualified UK sparks.

I've found various bits of regulation on the web, but they don't seem to form a "complete" picture like our wiring regs and building regs and electricity at work act and dot dot dot.

Is there in fact a complete set of regs and laws and guidance or is it a hodge-podge of bits (not that I'm saying we've really got a system that makes sense here...) ? In either case can you suggest where I could find an overview of this so I can learn how to do it right in Spain.

Second is there a system of registration of sparkies, and how is installation and conformity tested and recorded ?

I will have to work at my Spanish to understand it but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end...

With many thanks

Rupert vdP

rupertvdp the current Electrical regulations here in Spain are called REBT 2002

You can purchase them from any technical book store here

Unlike the UK they are freely available on the WEB

just search from REGLAMENTO ELECTROTECNICO para BAJA TENSION

Real Decreto 842/2002 de 2 de Agosto de 2002

This book can be anywhere from 15 euros to 35 euros depending on area and/or manufacturer

If you want any more information just ask.

Back