Wood burning stoves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Anyone here able to help with the installation of wood burning stoves?

I've read the Part J regs and from what I gather I need to notify the BCO. However, that's all I've managed to determine - the rest seems to be written in a foreign language!

I'm trying to determine what size air vent needs to be in the room where the stove is to be installed. The stove is only about 6kw rated output.

I'm also trying to find out if there is a minimum clearance between the side back and top of the stove and the side back and top of the recessed fireplace.

So far I've found nothing of use to help me with determining exactly what I need before deciding whether or not to fit a stove.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Regards

Fred

Sponsored Links
Nice one freddymercurystwin, that's extremely helpful.

The only info I could find as the actual approved document which seems to be written in another language. Your link breaks it down into plain english and is much clearer and easier to understand.

Thanks again

Regards

Fred

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back