Wooden fram required when installing bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm getting a new bath installed shortly, prior to tiling.
It is a fairly standard 1700mm Ideal-Standard, made from some sort of fibreglass. Not very heavy, as I can lift it on my own.
The bath will be surrounded on three sides by walls.
Should I build a wooden support frame for it? It seems to have two pull-out legs under it, like you would have under a camp-bed or under a deck-chair. Just a bit worried about the flex in it, though my tiler did seem to say all the right things about filling it with water etc. prior to tiling around it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I always pack the base with timber and difference thickness plywood for the right height in 3 section, much solid this way.

masona,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I'm not sure though what you mean about packing out the base?
Could you elaborate a bit more please?

teddyk

Okay, under the bath there should be all ready a timber board such as chipboard or plywood then use some timber like 4"x2" flat way from the floor level and keep building it up to underneath the bath, difference thickness of plywoods will help to get the right height or you could cut or plane a timber to the correct height. Put a support on each end or near the bath metal frame support and one in the middle.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

Think I understand what your're talking about now.

teddyk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back