WORCESTER 240, HELP ME!

P

pipshady

Hi

I am a gas engineer, and i m having big problems wiht one of my customer boilers

its a worcester 240rsf combi, heating is ok, hot water temp erratic, now i ve replaced the hot water sensor, AND these dhw heat exchanger and i m running out of ideas!, the burner pressure is fine, i ve even ramped it up to the maximum 14mbar and still no joy? as far as i can tell the water is nt going round the heating circuit?
another thing i noticed is that the temp difference is worse on the downstairs sink mixer tap, could the taps be the problem? could the heat be transfering to scale in the pipe? i dunno what to do with this one, can anyone help me!!!

Phil Stenning

Sponsored Links
Phil what do you mean as far as you can tell the water aint going to the heating.

Is the heating flow pipe getting hot? You have to prove this before you can go much further cos I would say it must be

If you have 14mbar and a new Calorifier the heat has to go somewhere.

Stan

the flow pipe does nt change temp, do you suggest changing the whole valve or just the diaphragm?>

Well you are still not clear. Is the flow pipe hot or cold when you felt it.

Sponsored Links
:idea: Do they have a shower running off the boiler.

I can probably count 2 or 3 times in 20 years but I have had mixers on showers pass.
And on one occasion a gent who had installed a hot and cold fill to his toilet cistern to stop condensation :!:

Have to isolate the cold to the shower to prove it.

Stan

Possibly contribitory - have you checked the low burner pressure, not just going out is it?

A friend had to call me for advice on one of those and the gas valve min rate was not set properly.

Disappointingly, I had to explain in detail how he should set that!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back