Worcester 24CBi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is 2.5 years old. Fitted by another installer which the customer will not have in the house. Boiler is leaking from the right hand side of the heat exchanger. I took the boiler apart and replaced the O-rings, flushed out the magnatite from the exchanger and refitted. This lasted 3 weeks. Not good. I have a feeling that the O-rings I used were sub-standard. Has anyone come across this? I have the WB part number for the geunine part. Also how bad is this that it's only 2.5 years old? WB say it's because the system was not flushed when new. Is this becoming the new get out of jail free card for manufactures? The customer had the system powerflushed about 18months ago. But when I took the heat exchanger out it was full of magnatite. I'm going to fit a Magnaclean filter when I go back. That should stop it. They Rock!

ChrisRoberts please note forum rule 7

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back