1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Worcester 24CDi RSF, no DHW

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by ChrisOxford, 30 Jan 2013.

1. ChrisOxford

ChrisOxford

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks.

Point taken re. iso valves. I won't go near them again!

How long? Very difficult to say because I did it in dribs and drabs between other jobs at work, in my lunch hour and so on. Probably 2-3 hours all told, though it would be quicker next time (not that I'm going to volunteer myself again :rolleyes: )

C.

2. ChrisOxford

ChrisOxford

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For any other DIYers contemplating doing this, the parts required were:

8-716-140-553-0 (Diverter repair kit incl. fibre washers)
    8-716-108-072-0 (O-ring kit)

plus a pack of M5 x 12mm stainless steel hex head bolts, which I got from this company on ebay: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-BOLT-FTB?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Prices were £9.30, £11.95 and £2.86 (for a pack of 50 bolts) respectively, all including VAT and carriage.

C.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. 45yearsagasman

45yearsagasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Don't understand the need for the bolts? Never had to replace any on the many cdi's that I've done.

5. ChrisOxford

ChrisOxford

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry Pete.

The old ones were fine, it's just that they were Philips head and so really difficult to tighten properly with the diverter valve in situ.

So I got some replacements that could be tightened with an Allen key which made life a lot easier, and might have been why was lucky and got no leaks :cool:

Chris

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links