worcester 24cdi

B

B.O.B DOLE

worcester 24cdi ch flashing slow what does it say in the book for this has i have lost mine. Once reconnected to gas supply what is the best way to purge these boilers.

Sponsored Links
B.O.B DOLE said:
worcester 24cdi ch flashing slow what does it say in the book for this has i have lost mine. Once reconnected to gas supply what is the best way to purge these boilers.

Just a standard purge via undoing the inlet screw and measuring the volume passed in a given time. Ventilated area and notifying customers etc. Which light is flashing?

Sponsored Links
C'mon BOB, the MI for this one are on the WB website!

ollski said:
B.O.B DOLE said:

Just a standard purge via undoing the inlet screw and measuring the volume passed in a given time. Ventilated area and notifying customers etc. Which light is flashing?

hi ollski what i did was undo the nut on the gas fire and purged system
lit the fire and whent to the boiler turned hot tap on but it would not fire up the ch light was flashing slow would the boiler needed to be purged as well and if so where would i purge it .thanks

Are you kidding, just purging the gas fire aint gonna purge the boiler, if the gas pipe to the boiler isn't purged then of course it's gonna lock out, is this a trick question.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Are you kidding, just purging the gas fire aint gonna purge the boiler, if the gas pipe to the boiler isn't purged then of course it's gonna lock out, is this a trick question.

no ped where on the boiler would i purge it

B.O.B DOLE said:

Gas tap connector on inlet test point on gas valve....probably worth just having a little refresh on your ccn1 purging beforehand.

ollski said:
B.O.B DOLE said:

Gas tap connector on inlet test point on gas valve....probably worth just having a little refresh on your ccn1 purging beforehand.

do you mean unscrew the union nut that connects to the gas valve?

Quite often there is a gas cooker close to the gas boiler if its in the kitchen!

Purgeing at the gas cooker is more convenient. I purge on one large burner but my trainee says he is taught to purge with three burners.

Has the College muddled up purging with measuring the working presure? Or am I just out of touch with the latest working practices?

Tony

Agile said:
Quite often there is a gas cooker close to the gas boiler if its in the kitchen!

Purgeing at the gas cooker is more convenient. I purge on one large burner but my trainee says he is taught to purge with three burners.

Has the College muddled up purging with measuring the working presure? Or am I just out of touch with the latest working practices?

Tony

I know gas rate is taken off the 3 largest burners totalling up their kw input...can't see why it would make any difference what you undo on a purge so long as you can shut it off fairly quickly. I prefer to do it from the inlet of the appliance gas tap just open half a turn, but if its awkward I just take it from the inlet pressure test point on the appliance as long as the rest of the pipework is already purged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back