Worcester 24i/Cdi

• Thread starter Bamber gaspipe
  • Start date
B

Bamber gaspipe

Having to spread one`s wings & venture into breakdown territory(gulp).I am shortly attending a breakdown to one of the above.(need to go & check model). The customer is complaining of no H/W,CH ok.My first thought is to a faulty diverter valve. Have done a certain amount of breakdowns/ part changing but nothing extremely technical/electrical. As far as I can remember, they just clip in don`t they? or am I wrong (again) on both counts? Any advice regarding possible probs I may encounter would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i have repaired the odd one. They are a nightmare mate. you have to take the dhw heat exchange off and some other pipes as well. then you can get at the diverter valve. took me 2 hours before to swap one. good luck

Thanks for that...seems like a bigger job than I had imagined but then again it`s a combi & not a condenser. Did you have any probs on refilling after putting it back together..ie.. leaking `o` rings & such?..

Sponsored Links
it`s a combi & not a condenser.
DOn't say things like that or you'll get some prat fired up... :LOL:

I believe you get a full set of O rings in the box with the new cdi diverter. Iirc you have to undo 13 joints, need long nosed pliers, keep the clips in order...
There's a thin copper bypass pipe you're supposed to "ease out" - it doesn't, until you've undone some more bits.
Someone said the most troublesome joint is the O ring on DHW out from the diverter head, goes straight backwards and its easy to bend the pipe, but I haven't had a prob there so far.
Can be awkward to get the U shaped plate, which holds the dhwhe, back in properly.
They vary a bit with some of the bracketry.

The i's a different animal, no diverter, just a flow switch turbine thing, and flow restrictor you might be better off without.

:oops: I know a condenser is a combi also but you know what I mean....

Thanks for info ChrisR..sounds a little bit daunting but not beyond me, the only concern I have is putting the thing back together again..ah well..gotta start somewhere!.. No diverter on i model..never thought of that will no more once I check...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back