worcester 24i rsf (2 probs)

B

B.O.B DOLE

the first is once fired up it cuts out after 10 secs then the ignition starts to spark and does not light up also the fan stays on running

the second is if i fire it up this is on another boiler for dhw it is ok but if i turn the dial onto ch only there is no response from boiler at all

the pump is ok in each case

any ideas
 
Sponsored Links
Joined
22 Jul 2005
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
816
Country
United Kingdom
No1...

Check for correct polarity, flame sense electrode and sensor lead. All ok? I would say PCB. (According to Ignition check page 31 of the manual).

No2

Something simple first. Check the CH dial hasn't actually snapped and is not turning the CH pot on the board...come across it a few times on these boilers.
 
B

B.O.B DOLE

jiminblack said:
No1...

Check for correct polarity, flame sense electrode and sensor lead. All ok? I would say PCB. (According to Ignition check page 31 of the manual).

No2

Something simple first. Check the CH dial hasn't actually snapped and is not turning the CH pot on the board...come across it a few times on these boilers.

thanks for your response i have checked the flame sensor and is ok
do you think the solenoid could do this closing donw the gas supply



on the second could it be the selector switch not changing over
 
Joined
22 Jul 2005
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
816
Country
United Kingdom
Have you got the manual? If you have the fault finding section is good. It's all the Worcester engineers use to be honest. If you haven't got one I'll email you one.
 
Sponsored Links
B

B.O.B DOLE

jiminblack said:
Have you got the manual? If you have the fault finding section is good. It's all the Worcester engineers use to be honest. If you haven't got one I'll email you one.

got one thanks
 
Joined
22 Jul 2005
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
816
Country
United Kingdom
No 1 Fault....Check the voltage for live output on X5 pins 1 and 2 relative to neutral on Pin 3. If no voltage PCB. If there is good voltage and no gas pressure at input to burner then Gas valve.
 
B

B.O.B DOLE

jiminblack said:
No 1 Fault....Check the voltage for live output on X5 pins 1 and 2 relative to neutral on Pin 3. If no voltage PCB. If there is good voltage and no gas pressure at input to burner then Gas valve.

it turned out to be reversed polarity to q1
 
Joined
22 Jul 2005
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
816
Country
United Kingdom
Glad it's sorted mate. It's amazing how many times we come across reverse polarity!
 

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Sponsored Links
Top