worcester 24i rsf combi pilot light not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into my new home, tried setting up central heating and now i cannot see the pilot on the worcester 24i rsf Combi and i now have no Hot Water or Central heating. Can anyone please help before i freeze!!!

Thank you :eek: :confused: :?:

Sponsored Links
What did you do to the boiler to "set up central heating" ?

If the home really is new then the boiler should be covered by the builders guaranty! Its an older model though!

I am left wondering if you really mean a pilot light which is a constantly burning small flame! Perhaps you really mean the gas does not light?

Is the pressure guage on the boiler showing between 1 and 2 bar? Ideally about 1.5 bar.

Tony Glazier

Its not New house new but me moving house. sorry.

All i did was move the settings from just the h/w to 1 flame on the radiator change and put it on AUTO for the timer. I may have accidently put it on 0 but i checked it early this morning and forgot what it was on. I have set it to how it was previously and no luck.

I have also followed the manual to reset the boiler, no luck.

I have looked at the cooker just incase if it was a gas problem but thats fine. I havent though checked if the flame flickers if i try to turn the boiler on.

Pressue is on 1.5.

Any advise would be great and thanks for getting back so soon

Have you accidentally turned the switch off at the fused spur next to the boiler, light switch size possibly with red neon on it ?, maybe knocked it off with kettle or box or something moving in !

Sponsored Links
My gas cooker struggles when the boiler is on
Your gas pipe from meter to boiler is inadequately sized. You need a Registered Gas Installer to check the gas pressures. However this does not explain the immediate problem you have with the boiler.

Thats a little confusing! You say the boiler does not fire up but then you say the cooker "strugles" when the boiler is on!

There may be safety aspects and I would advise you to get a CORGI registered engineer to come and see whats wrong!

Tony Glazier

As Tony said you had best switch it off and seek help the flame at the cooker should not alter when the boiler is lit and on full let alone when its trying to light on min

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back