Worcester 28i junior - high pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, boiler is approx 18mths old, have removed two radiators for decorating and shut of feed to and from the radiators. the boilers pressure has shot up and although can be released, pressue increases straight away. (normally have to top up the pressure every so often!)
also water coming from boiler overflow. only way to stop it is to turn water off, which does have an effect on the pressure dropping. last night, pipes were rattling and water being ejected from the overflow at an almighty speed. Is it because i have removed radiators and will it rectify itself when i replace them? or is there a fault with the boiler? I have bled all the other radiators and doesnt seem to be an airlock. Please help. :(

Sponsored Links
Have you have reprsurised the system?. if so you have left the valve open , and water is still entering the system

thanks for replyin, no i didnt do anything. took radiators off the wall, went to diy shop, and came back to boiler having a huge paddy, lights flashing and pressure on 3/4. water pouring out of overflow, have released pressure, but didnt account for much as went back up. have to keep the water supply turned of to stop a repeat performance, so no hot water, central heating or anything. have rang my boiler fitter, yesterday, but as of yet he hasnt shown up. beginning to despair. :(

The mains water is entering the boiler (a) via filling loop or (b) via hole in heat exchanger between mains and system water. Disconnect filling loop to eliminate (a) as possibility.

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler ON with a flow /return valve still shut??

Many thanks for your replies, but I dont understand what you are talkin about, so Im not messing, anyone know any good boiler engineers in the stockport area, UK, mine still hasnt returned my calls, or called round. :confused:

Give Worcester a ring at worst theyl charge you £245.00 for a new heat exchanger fitted but as its only just out of warenty they usually wave the charge. As you say you did not adjust any thing pror to the fault but to make sure look under the lower right hand side of the boiler if you have a plack plastic integral filling loop fitted to the brass bulk head valves then the white plastic key needs to be removed if no filling loop here then the installer will have fitted an external one ,usually two taps and a flexi chrome hose if so remove the hose but in both cases shut off any the valves on both ends of the flaxi and or shuty off the tap on the right of the integral loop.

Many thankx for your replies, it was the little white knob that you turn to re pressurize the boiler, all had to do was undo it fully and then close again. hot water and heating again!! :) thankyou to the boiler engineer who i rang and told me what to do at no charge. i think you had already advised me to do this, i just wasnt sure where the filler loop was. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back