1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Worcester boiler pressure at 0.

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by kathydon, 3 May 2021.

1. kathydon

kathydon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi my Worcester bosch pressure is at zero and I followed the instructions to raise the pressure, but nothing happens and the pressure stays at zero. What else can I do?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    either you have a really bad leak, or you have made a mistake. Please post photos (by copy and paste into your reply, or use the "upload a file" button) showing all the valves, pipes and hoses under your boiler.

4. kathydon

kathydon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks for answering, I've followed the instructions straight from the videos, I've uploaded the photos below any advice would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

5. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You may not be doing it correctly. The white hexagonal nut needs to be loosened off ,and the key needs to be in the correct " open" position,you should then hear water flowing into the boiler ,will need to run for a while before 1 bar pressure is reached.

6. kathydon

kathydon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Terryplumb for answering, I put the key in the open position and the white nut is really tight, I have loosened the nut until its almost out and there is nothing, no water running, nothing. I have switched the electrics off as stated in the videos I've watched. I don't know what to do with it.

7. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    With the nut fully loosened ,try moving the key slowly to a different position ,you may think it's in the correct open position ,but it may not be. In your pic it's shown locked "off"

8. Sponsored Links
  9. kathydon

kathydon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks. The key can only go to the locked or unlocked position, if I move it to the locked position then water comes out of both the white nut and key position.

10. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like the filling loop is duff. You can have an external filling loop fitted ,cheaper than replacing the integral one. Depending on your plumbing skills ,and the availability of a garden tap, you could, as a temporary measure ,connect a hose from it to a drain off point to top up. Is the boiler still operating ok ,some will ,even though pressure gauge is on zero.

11. kathydon

kathydon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks again. My hot water is fine, but my heating is dead. Will I get a better outcome with an external filling loop? I've seen video's so should be able to do it.

12. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A lot cheaper ,easy to fit ,and doesn't require working on the boiler itself. Probably more reliable too ,long term.

13. kathydon

kathydon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you, ill try screwfix for one.

• Like Like x 1