Worcester Bosch 20/25 boiler lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our 20/25 combi boiler has run dry of oil & keeps locking out... presumably theres a bleed screw on the oil pump which needs opening?

bosch_boiler.jpg

I have marked the only thing I can see which is like a bleed valve... is this it or is it round the back of the boiler somewhere?

Sponsored Links
On the Oil pump (below control box) open the allen screw marked with the arrow out or P until oil dribbles out with no air bubbles.

Thanks for the info, tried to bleed it out but no joy... left the bleed valve out for 10 mins but virtually nothing coming through. I think there is a feed problem, I tried to replace a blocked inline filter which caused the lock out in the first place. Call out to the engineer I think

Cheers again

Sponsored Links
I your oil tank above the oil pump to start with if not your in for a bit of bother, the test poin you indicated is to atach the pressure gauge to set oil pressure but can be used to vent if you have ran out of oill, hold the brass section solid with say an adjustable spanner then open the nut (dont remove ) with an 11mm spanner then place an old rag around said nut,siwtch on the burner and as soon as you feel the oil spraying into the rag shut down close the test point and fire back up.

jiminblack said:
Have you a Teddington oil fire safety valve fitted?

http://www.tedcon.com/index.php?cursite=TedCon&curpg=Fire-Valves

If so check it hasn't tripped. They have a little plunger on the base, make sure it's pushed in.

Yes something like it, I cracked the down stream joint & plenty of oil there

The boiler was serviced by a WB engineer 2 weeks ago, he couldn't get it to fire after the service with the inline filter in place - it did look pretty clogged up.

So he left the filter out & the problems only started when I put a new element in place. Boiler couldn't draw through the new filter & even with the filter removed again it's not happy. The new flexi hose he put in looks a bit twisted/flattened, I'm wondering if its restricting flow

In any case I think I need to get the engineer out to take a look, I'm chickening out of undoing things I don't understand & having oil spraying about!!
Cheers for your help guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back