Worcester Bosch 280 RSF does not light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch 280 Rsf which has recently failed to "fire up".

When I moved here I did not get any instructions as to running/maintenance of this unit but have been satisfied with performance so far.

It now fails to light; the green standby light is lit and demand light comes on, on demand. It appears the pump is working and pressure is at 1.25 bar on gauge.

I have followed the only instructions I have (on reverse of cover) to relight but to no avail.

The reset button does not appear to be popped up and has only ever "popped up" once before, months ago and I do not know the reason for this.

Is there anything I should be doing? or do I just have to make a call?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Nothing els to try , no hidden butons.

does the fan run?, does it spark?, does it do the same on heating and hot water?

Sponsored Links
How can I tell if the fan runs?

Is it ok to run unit with cover off to see?

There is no spark through spyhole - I was reluctant to run unit without cover but I guess this is the only way to tell for sure if no spark?

Thanks for replies so far

ok, put my hand over flue, no draught and now I know what the fan used to sound like?!

what next?

Get a corgi bloke. Don't let him replace your fan until he's certain that it's duff. Could be the PCB faulty, or the air pressure switch not returning to its off position, which would stop the boiler dead.

( If one of those corgi blokes DOES replace a perfectly good fan, he's got a handy spare to sell someone else. And he'll tell you "the fan took the pcb with it". They're like that :evil: )

ok, thanks all for your help.

By the way, is there no way I can test the fan myself?

Or get my mate who's an electrician to test it?

What I mean if it's just an electric fan; is it feasible for me to get it tested?

Do I have to use a Corgi guy for this?

Do, of course, feel free to say NO get a Corgi bloke, this is not a diy job or something you can afford to play with etc. I bow to better judgement but I just have to ask.

so I can get fan tested :?: in situ?

not using a Corgi bloke but me mate :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back