Worcester Bosch Danesmoor 18/25 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Worcester Bosch Danesmoor 18/25 oil fired boiler. Suddenly this morning the lock out light lit. On reset the boiler ran for approximately 4 minutes (it runs the pump then ignites fine) then you could hear the change of sound as the flame went out and then a few seconds later the lock out light came back on.

We have plenty of oil, the filters have been checked and were clean as has the photocell. If you remove the front panel (as to access the reset button) you can see a red light flashing intermitently on the top of the control box.

The boiler is 2 years and 1 month old (2 year warranty - typical!!) was serviced last year and is due its next about now.

HELP PLEASE

Thanks
Kath

Sponsored Links
Faulty photocell (is it filmed over) or control box ?
I am not an expert on oil but have fitted a few over the years.

Photocell is clean but not sure if faulty. Guess it might be a control box which I guess is going to be rather costly.

Thanks

KathG

Turn off the electric to the boiler (so it wont fire)then remove the burner and blast tube,check the nozzel and ignition is clean.
Also with oil boilers you need to service and set the air and oil settings(dont try this unles you have the right tools)
Whats the oil tank like is that new? could there be water in the tank?
Has there been any signs of smoke from flue?

If the boilers due a service then thats all it may need

p.s. i can get control box's very cheap but it may not be that
sounds like feul or air to me

Sponsored Links
Oil tank and boiler all same age (just over 2 years ) as the house is new.
Haven't seen any signs of smoke. Nozzle I would think does need replacing as 1 year old now (replaced last service) but firing chamber was clean.

KathG

Ask your installer to see if he can get a goodwill warranty call from worcester as it is only just out of warranty. Don't know about worcesters' policy on this but I've always managed it with Ideal boilers that I have fitted in the past, but never again :rolleyes:

You realy need someone to check on site as you need an oil presure gauge to check the washing and firing presure

Have you got a single pipe system or tiger loop?

where you from?

You say the firing chamber is clean but have you checked the nozzel and electrode is clean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back