Worcester Heatslave 9.24 not lighting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having problems igniting my heatslave 9.24. the Pilot light went out, which we then changed the thermocouple, this was not the problem, we then proceeded to change the gas valve and again the boiler will not ignite, but the Pilot will stay on now.

The pump is running and the diverter valve seems to be working fine.

Any Ideas????

Sponsored Links
I dont understand why a perfectly good gas valve was changed.

Is this an attempt to do a DIY repair by changing parts?

If it was a competent CORGI then he should have diagnosed the fault properly and you should not pay for a gas valve which was not needed.

My advice is to get a competent CORGI who can diagnose what must be a very simple fault as its a simple boiler and do the repair safely!

Tony

Are you sure grey button is coming all the way back out.. Check for voltage at the gas valve can`t remember if it`s 240v or 24v if you have either of these your new valve is faulty.... 9.24 also has an over heat stat connected to gas valve that could also have stopped your pilot staying on.

I agree with Tony, what a waste of money.

If you realised you would have tested the over heat stat which is probably more likely to be shot than either of the other two :idea: :!:

Stan

Sponsored Links
And you cant get the over heat stats for them anymore as far as Im lead to belive.

I would like to thank Namsag for the information that the new Gas Valve was faulty.

Tony (Agile) it just goes to prove that you cant trust everything thats new.

My brother is CORGI register and is a very experianced and responsible Heating Engineer and he was the one that replaced the Gas Valve, but he went on holiday the day after, which led me to use this forum for advice.

Stan (pannierstan or Peterpan) "what a waste of money" just as well I didn't listen to you......

Again thanks Namsag.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back