Worcester Junior 28i pressure drops out so faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch Junior 28i gas combi boiler (standard - not condensing) commissioned about 6 months ago. Been working great but over the past month I have to make sure I check the pressure regularly as it often falls to below 1 bar - so I top up via the filling loop and all is fine for about a week or so but then the pressure drops again.

There have been a few times when I have come home to discover the boiler had locked itself out and displayed the red fault light. When this happens the pressure appears to have dropped right out to 0 and I therefore have to top up via the filling loop and then press reset to get it working again. :(

I don't think this can be normal !! Radiators have been bled a couple of times... there are no obvious leaks. Please can anyone help me? I have read the FAQ - I guess I need to check to see if water is coming out the PRV pipe outside? Could it be that the PVR needs repressurising?

Thanks for your help...

Sponsored Links
The PRV does not need pressurising. Check the PRV pipe if fitted that way outside, about 3-4 foot or so under your boilers flue. If there isn't one then the installer may have ran it eleswhere.

Does the pressure gauge show any sign of rapid increase when the heating is on? ie 1 bar to over 3 bar?

Have you checked all rad valves for leaks when the system is on or off?

Any obvious signs of leaks anywhere? Check carpets near radiators etc.

When bleeding rads, this will take the pressure down, bare that in mind.

Thank you for your reply - sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I live in a first floor flat and therefore the PVR pipe has a long drop to the ground - but there does not appear to be any water from the pipe. There was a very small leak on one radiator valve which has been rectified, bleed radiators and then topped back up via the filling loop. I am now waiting to see if this has solved the problem. Seems ok so far - time will tell - will let you know!

Many thanks...

I presume you know that unless very unusual circumstances prevail then you should have had a condensing boiler fitted?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Juniors often leak on pump unions and flexable hose connection at rear of boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back