Worchester Bosch Greenstar 35cdi combi/condensing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a house refurb with all new pipework etc. the boiler fitted is a Worchester Bosch Greenstar 35cdi combi/condensing boiler. it runs 3 wet underfloor heating, 2 rads, a shower, a bath and 3 sinks.

all is well except for the bath which makes the boiler lock out with code EA. this is with the tap running at full.

Can anyone offer any ideas to what could cause this?. Before i call out bosch.

Also does anyone know what these symbols mean -l l- on the display?. it alternates between this and the temp sometimes.

thanks

Sponsored Links
The obvious question is what does the installer say about this?

The other fact is that the boiler just does not know where the hot water it provides is going!

I dont remember what that code means and if its obvious then a glass of Dumisani had evidently blurred my thinking!

As a simple possibility I would wonder if the filling device has been left open and the system pressure is falling below that required to keep the boiler working?

Tony Glazier

the code is flame not detected. pressure seams ok. would it be that the bath has a faster flow?.

You have not advised when the boiler was installed!

Before I suggest anything further I would want to know the answer to that!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The flashing inverted T's on the display mean's it's in syphon fill mode. Quite normal. EA on hot water demand only? Could be that Co2 not set up correctly. What flue have you got? Vertical or Horizontal? I've been to a couple were the vertical flue hasn't been put together properly therefore boiler locking out due to pulling in flu gasses. If your worried call in Worcester.

While Jim is technically correct, I would not advise calling Worcester.

The hot water problem sounds to me like a flue assembly fault. This is not the manufacturer's fault but solely the installer's problem which they should sort out for you.

Whilst Worcester seem to bend over backwards to bale out inadequate installers, my strong recommendation is that you call the installers first. A visit from Worcester is potentially chargeable when they find the problem is an installers error.

Did the installer use a flue gas analyser to commission the boiler?

Tony Glazier

You are being very reticent about the installer!

Was it fitted by a non CORGI registered installer?

Yourself perhaps?

Tony

no way!
the builder installed it with the refurb and it was comissioned and checked by his friend who is corgi registered and i have paperwork that he has filled in and also the bosch installation card is filled in.

the fault was found after the plumber left the site. i am waiting for him to return but he is very busy at the moment.

Be aware that its not permitted by CORGi for one of their registered installers to commission and fill in the benchmark certificate unless they had fitted the mounting bracket, fitted the flue, fitted the gas pipework and commissioned the boiler.

As I said before you should call back the builder to get it sorted out by a CORGI registered person!

You have paid or might pay for the work and so you have a right to expect that it will be legally installed by a properly qualified person.

The fact that the CORGI person, who seems to be acting outside his remit, is busy is not your concern. If you telephone CORGi they will arrange for an inspector to call and investigate the situation for free.

Tony

thanks i will give him a couple of weeks to return or go ahead with corgi.

The plumber was going to come around and check the gas pressure but did not need to as it is working perfecly now.

Thanks for all your help. :D

Any ideas why this is happening-hot water, lukewarm then scalding. The boiler had a blocked condensate a few weeks ago during the cold snap whic was fixed but the boiler is only a couple of years old. Customer & myself havent got a fault code to work from. wOULD IT BE THE nts? And if it was would that be a drain down to repair?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back