work trousers..

W

wilhelm

ok fellas :D what do ya wear? now im not impressed with the multi pocketed things. and then im not impressed with the standard pocketed things, with the crease . i just want something made of a decent material, and is comfortable and dont come with a load of zipped pockets.
i aint kate moss :D but these d£ckhead workwear manufacturers need a reality check..
ffs. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
kev, i should have said for the southern part of uk.... :D

where the customer is a little more discerning (bless em)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
wilhelm said:
kev, i should have said for the southern part of uk.... :D

where the customer is a little more discerning (bless em)
Obviously the job of fitting is so clean in the sarf that you don't get dirty. How'd you do that, then, employ a Pole to do the mucky stuff? ;)

My customers don't seem to object to a nice clean pair of jeans, and Matalan do them real cheap....... :rolleyes:

Scrit

ive tried several different ones. i quite like the dickies ones with the knee pads in and they are fairly cheap. Jeans are out for me as i tend to get wet doing the landscaping and wet jeans are bloody uncomfertable. im looking at getting some new kit at the moment for me and my apprentice. Daft as it sounds you may as well go toprimark for stuff like t-shirts, polo shirts etc. they do cargo type trousers for about £6-8 as well. if it wasnt for the knee pads id be getting the trousers there as well.

if you have a makro wholesalers near you they do some nice cat trousers,very comfortable,they do have loads of pockets but have velcro on them

loose fitting garments, where it matters, are a must for anyone in the trades who enjoys a little maneuverability in there workwear. not so loose as to become troublesome, just so that bending or crouching isn't uncomfortable.

any combat style trousers are ideal, in fact a pair of genuine cammo' combats were the best i ever had, even if i did look like a squaddie. jeans are just too rigid and snug in all the wrong places.

i went into a "army surplus store" i asked for camoflage trousers, he said they are over there (pointing to a corner) but i couldn't see them

noseall said:
Jeans are just too rigid and snug in all the wrong places.
That all depends on the fit, e.g. avoid drainpipe legs and go for the "workman's fit. It also depends on how corpulent you are :rolleyes:

Scrit

FAS do a range of Regatta trousers priced around £15-£20. They also have a fleece lined version to keep you warm during these cold spells.

these are the ones ive been using for about the past 6 months. ive got three pairs which are just about needing replacing, but only due to dirt etc that wont come out in the wash. very comfy and practical.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Prs-Dickies...egoryZ11900QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item7622389997

found this place on fleabay selling them and they seem to do decent deals on them as well. i think i paid abot £19 a pair with no knee pads last time (and they are a definite must!)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
FAS = Famous Army Stores, although looking back at my accounts, the last few pairs I bought from Yeomans.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back