1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Working for Asians

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Bodd, 8 Apr 2018.

1. Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We was so poor in our village we had to take the outside bog door off and put it in the backdoor - cuz dad had burned the backdoor the previous winter, to keep us warm.

• Like Like x 3
  2. When I were a kid we were so poor we 'ad ta cut cereal packets in half and wear 'em as shoes!

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:50 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We used to cut old car tyres up to make shoes. When they was worn out - We then sewed them up to fit Dad's pushbike. Filled them with old condoms as an inner tube.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cereal Packets !- we had to mix sawdust with dripping to make Weetabix. Same stuff plus a drop of marmite was a burger. We used to collect the candle wax and make new ones with a bit of string for a wick. The Vicar had to lock up the church candles.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sbgasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A few years ago I was walking through the gates of my mates scrapyard when two asain guys came running out an up the road,when I got to my mates office he was stood behind the counter pi$$ing himself laughing,I said to him what have you done now,he told me the two lads wanted a dizzy for a mini metro so he pulled the last one off the shelf and told them it was £20,there reply was we'll give you £5,he replied no £20,we'll give you £6,he said this went on until we got to £12,at which point I was getting pi$$ed off,so I went out back and got the big tyre lever off the machine and I was going to smash the dizzy then give it to them,but as soon as they saw me walk in with the tyre lever they through £20 on the counter and ran out with the dizzy,they must have thought the tyre lever was for them.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That's a funny story

7. Bodd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Whats a dizzy?

8. Motman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Distributor

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bonni

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I gave a quote to a customer, they asked for discount. I said yes and their faces lit up. I told them that I'll text my Council Tax reference number to them and all they need to do is deduct off my quotation the value of discount they're prepared to give off my council tax. I think it sunk in that I too have bills to pay.

10. John D v2.0

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No mate, they knew what he was going to do, they just didn't have a use for a smashed distributor!!:LOL:

11. EddieM

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bloody luxury.. we lived in a rolled up newspaper on t'central reservation of t'M1.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. DIYedboy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I had Indian builders building a wrap round on my semi. the footings went down 7foot in places (all hand dug), they had a couple of surprises on the way (neighbours drains on my side needing a 15foot ground beam to span them. plus I changed the plans halfway through and added an extra 8 feet onto the upstairs n roof). Those lovely boys worked 6 days a week and never charged me a penny more than the original quote!!! so I got a right result n I love em to bits!

But. the best thing was when they were barrowing in the concrete for the trenches. a young Indian lad came running along, tipped up the barrow, slipped n flew right over the barrow into the trench!!!...............the mrs saw it n came rushing out to see if he was OK. he smiled. said a load of gobbledegook n ran off to get another barrowload!