Worktop for Corner Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of installing a new kitchen, one that incorporates a corner sink. How do I go about joining the worktops in the corner that the sink will be located?

It doesn't seem to me that it is right for the sink to be sat on top of a mitred joint but can't think of any other way of doing it?

Also, are worktops available in 4m lengths or is 3m the most I'm going to be able to find?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
can you not just do a strait join rather than a mitre

yes you can get 4m lenths but the difference between 3m and 4m
is probably double

big all

You can get 4.10m tops for a little over £100 depending on colour & finish, bit of a job to lift on your own though!

http://www.richardrussell.co.uk/view_stock.cfm?sec=13

usual masons mitre with a jig will do but watch where you place the connecting bolts you don't want to catch them with your saw while cutting the sink opening.

Jason

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'll have to weigh up the cost/benefit of the 4m worktops but at least I know it's an option.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
That's not a very good way to do it as the bit in the corner will have to come out of a 900 wide worktop, what a waste of money for one bit in the corner!

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back