Worktop Mitre minimum distance from sink drainer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the minimum distance from a Worktop Mitre to a sink drainer.

It is a 'n' shaped kitchen and the idea is on the plans to have worktop in one bit across the back and then mitre in the two side bits.

But I am not sure what the distance needs to be between the cut and the adjacent sink drainer......

View media item 42615

Sponsored Links
If you are using a mitred joint then it should not matter as if done correctly it will be a seamless finish with no chance of water penetration. The only obstacle may be the underlying cupboards regarding access to the fixings.

I thought it would have to be at least the width of the bolt, 150mm ? and was thinking would need more than this or could just snap the worktop when tightened ?

A pro will be doing it for me but is in Australia on holiday at the moment.

Sponsored Links
The worktop bolts are usually 150mm long which dictates if central you will have 75mm each side so a minimum of 100mm in that case. If it is not possible to move the sink to accomodate that then put the longest length of worktop in line with the sink and mitre the other length to it so the bolts are at 90 degrees to the sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back