WPB walls in the shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I have read the sticky which is really great but just want to be sure before i start work.

Ensuite shower quadrant enclosure has WPB for the 2 sides. Before i start tiling everything.... from what i have read i should use a 'tanking' kit to protect the WBP (i understand that relying on waterproof grout/adhesive is a bad idea??? Correct???). I have found the 'BAL WP1 Waterproof Shower Kit' which i can apply to ensure that everything is watertight. Anyone got an advance re this product? Is this OK for use on WPB.

Thanks in advance

Mak

Sponsored Links
maksharky said:
Anyone got an advance re this product? Is this OK for use on WPB.
If by "advance" you mean "advice", and by "WPB" you mean "WBP plywood", then my advice is that you should use the Bal kit.

Never had any trouble with a goot quality flexible waterproof adhesive and grout straight onto the WBP... though I would recommend a minimum of 18mm thick WBP to reduce flexing over time. Never used the tanking stuff as I suspect it's just another product to spend money on!

BAL products are perfect for this sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
hiya,

Thanks for the replies and apologies for the typos (more haste less speed) did mean advice & WBP!

It seems to be there are so many differing opinions on whether to tank or not...

Have found a Dunlop waterproofing Kit for £40 which looks just like the BAL one so i figure for the sake of £40 better safe than sorry i suppose. Would hate for the new shower to leak in a few months/years time

Thanks for your time and input

Mak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back