Xbox: supply and demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been flitting about on ebay and decided to see if anyone else was selling £400 photos of Xbox 360s. ;)

People are now selling Xbox 360s on ebay with "buy it now" prices up to £1000, that's the highest "sensible" price it seems. :eek: And I have seen a lot of bids of £500+ against them. That's the "deluxe" pack plus three games.

Stupidest one that has actually received bids? Someone has bid just over £750 for one with 5 games. £750.

A quick Froogle later and I can see a typical shop price is £280 for the deluxe pack and about another £30-40 per game. So there are people prepared to pay a premium of over £200 to get the Xbox 360 in time for Christmas instead of waiting 2 months until they are available at Tesco.

I think I have underestimated the human desire to not risk one's children whinging on Christmas morning that they didn't get an Xbox 360!!! :LOL:

Has anyone here bought one? if so, was it for the children or is it for you? And how much did you pay?

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I've just been flitting about on ebay and decided to see if anyone else was selling £400 photos of Xbox 360s. ;)

People are now selling Xbox 360s on ebay with "buy it now" prices up to £1000, that's the highest "sensible" price it seems. :eek: And I have seen a lot of bids of £500+ against them. That's the "deluxe" pack plus three games.

Stupidest one that has actually received bids? Someone has bid just over £750 for one with 5 games. £750.

A quick Froogle later and I can see a typical shop price is £280 for the deluxe pack and about another £30-40 per game. So there are people prepared to pay a premium of over £200 to get the Xbox 360 in time for Christmas instead of waiting 2 months until they are available at Tesco.

I think I have underestimated the human desire to not risk one's children whinging on Christmas morning that they didn't get an Xbox 360!!! :LOL:

Has anyone here bought one? if so, was it for the children or is it for you? And how much did you pay?
they were available at tesco albeit they only had 20 of them at my local store.

Sponsored Links
Back