Y PLAN WIRING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: For the last year I have been trying to get the right combination on my central heating wiring. If you can help please feel free.
I have central heating and hot water.I changed my pump and mid pos valve 6 months ago,and committed the cardinal sin of not writing down the wiring pos. My heating will come on when I turn the l522 programmer on and god love it it will stay on,but the acl rts1 room stat will not turn it off,for some reason its always calling for heat.my latest wiring config looks like this.

TERMINAL STRIP

NO1 connection empty
NO2 neutrals
NO3 Earths
NO4 Heating on(from controller)/Room stat live
NO5 white(mid pos)/Room stat calling
NO6 Brown Hcl3 Tank stat/Hw calling
NO7 Blk (tank stat) &Grey (mid pos)/Yellow(heating off)programmer
NO8 Blue(tank stat) &orange(mid pos)/Yellow (sl from boiler)
NO9 Brown( Pump)/blue from boiler

Controller has neutral-live hw off Yellow-ch off(no wire connected)
Hw on-ch on.

I have looked at the Y plan diagram all seems correct.The only thing puzzling me is the SL comes from the boiler and the blue comes from terminal 7 of the boiler and makes its merry way upstairs in the cable that has Ch on also.

If you haven't give up the ghost yet.

The boiler has connections to the programmer 5 wires lead out.
brown connects to the live terminal,blue to neutral earth to earth,the SL which is black&white goes into a floating plastic terminal sending its signal up the yellow wire.

and theblack from the boiler goes into the same floating terminal block next to the SL sending its signal up the blue wire.

So after all that can you work out if I have made a mistake.

If this helps with hot water only on the temp either in the boiler or the tank stat stops the burner,but the pump will keep running.

when the programmer goes live the blue and yellow from boiler are both live.

Sponsored Links
Disconnect white from T5 and see if T5 goes on and off at the right times, ie programmer on, set stat low and it should be off.

chris,with white wire removed from T5 the heating goes off and if i advance the thermostate until it clicks the heating still wont work. all wires related to 1st post comply with the honeywell site,the only dif is the blue and yellow coming from boiler SL being the yellow wire and the blue states that it should go to pump live terminal.

Sponsored Links
I think you're missing my point. You need to find out whether the wires are going live/off as they should, as I explained. Certainly the boiler should not come on with the white wire removed!

Before you put the white back, does terminal 4 go ON when the programmer says CH ON and vice versa?

"
the only dif is the blue and yellow coming from boiler SL being the yellow wire and the blue states that it should go to pump live terminal.
"
Sorry I can't understand what that means!

Sorry about the misunderstanding Chris. Yes the ch on does go live when programmer calls at T4. and the two wires Yellow and Blue.

Yellow comes from boiler terminal 7 this wire is not connected to the programmer it goes upstairs to the wiring terminal.

Blue is the wire that connects to SL on the boiler terminal block this also goes upstairs to the terminal block.

What ime going to do Chris is take some jpegs of all the terminals atempt to convert in word so its all clear, and see if we can crack it from that.

I will post it sunday.Thanks for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back