YorkStar Oil Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw one of these the other day, its a 1994 oil condenser. Beatifully made, optionally with weather compensation, insulated casing, in apparently perfect condition.

Does anyone know whether they are still made? This one give some years good service and then suffered from intermittent ignition on the Bentone burner. Previous contractors have made numerous adjustments to the combustion but failed. Wondered if the electrodes are getting damp.

Didn't want to try to fix it if there is an inherent design fault.

Anyone had any experience of them?

Sponsored Links
I am not very conversant with them but gather they are considered a good boiler.

If it worked OK for several years then I would suggest that its a good design but now has a fault.

If you have already changed the ignition electrodes then the ignition leads followed by the spark generator would seem the logical checking/replacement route.

Tony

afaik, Yorkstar were made by Gemini in France who nopw do Worcesters. The burner has a common problem of blowing the flame out. Try setting the CO2 at 13%, and check it doesn't smoke.

Our Yorkstar 20E has worked faultlessly and continuously since 1992. The digi controller failed -nothing more- and the unit is now being decomissioned and replaced. It's available, seen working, in Cornwall and is now on ebay.

Sponsored Links
I think you've missed the last bus there - last post was in 2006!

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy this. The Yorkstars had a design defect which dampens the electrodes, causing intermittent ignition.

Since the 2006 post I've now ripped out two more, both suffering from the same problem.

The manufacturer went bust years ago, meaning zero support is available. The unit has scrap value nothing more.

and of course the water jacket is due to split around about........

now.

I cant believe the tight nit is selling it. :LOL:

That post is obviously only intended to conjure up interest in the old boiler he is selling on Ebay.

From the comments it has drawn I doubt that it has had the desired effect.

Why on earth would anyone want to buy a 15 year old outdated boiler from a manufacturer whose products were so bad thet they have gone bust!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back