You can do it if you don't TP it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found myself without a flush cone (my bad), in an unfamiliar town where I didn't know of any plumbers' merchants, so I nipped out "for 15 minutes".

5 seconds down the road I found some builders - "yeah go to Trav*s Perk*ns it's left / left / right / left".
And indeed it was, and I was there without a hitch.

At "Customer Service" (sic.) desk:
"Do you have any internal flush cones please?"

"You'll have to ask at the bathroom desk mate.". I just love being called mate.

After being ignored for another 10 minutes, one manager-looking type suggested Do-It-All (or whatever they're called now). FFS. I drove to the next town where I knew the exact location of a proper trade counter. :rolleyes:

Moral 1: don't go out without a flush cone.
Moral 2: don't expect any help at TP.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
"You'll have to ask at the bathroom desk mate.". I just love being called mate.

My favorite's "Pal"

Especially if they're wearing a suit. :)

ok, i gotta ask, what's a flush cone?

if i get the "mate" from some spotty oik behind a trade counter I tell them.." The correct way to address a customer is SIR!! unless he calls you mate first.. "

Sponsored Links
ColJack said:
ok, i gotta ask, what's a flush cone?
039075.jpg

softus, did you go to eton or summat? followed by "oxbridge"?
i call everyone mate.

........dont tell me youve got a freekin personalised number plate. cos ive got this feeling.........you probably have :D

to whit, why doth one get concerned abaht being called "mate"

i aint got a "mate" smiley on my keyboard.

and stop that fekkin quote shyte........... its just ..boring?

wilhelm said:
to whit, why doth one get concerned abaht being called "mate"
You seem to have missed both the point of the topic and the point of my comment.

The man/boy/bloke/geezer/chappie behind the counter, the one whole appeared to like me well enough to call me "mate", was useless. He could only have been worse if he'd ignored me, which all of his colleagues were studiously doing.

He was nearly completely useless, in a merchant completely stuffed full of completely useless people, in a town full of f***ing traffic jams, shoe shops and fast food outlets but apparently devoid of anywhere that sold an internal flush cone.

If he'd sold me what I needed then I'd probably have let him stroke my thigh, but being diffident and utterly incapable of helping meant only that he'd discarded all rights to use a chummy moniker.

and stop that fekkin quote shyte
Why?

........... its just ..boring?
Oh. Well I'm inclined to keep doing it anyway, but I'll make you an offer:

On the day you post a Hyperlink to something that's genuinely Quite Interesting, I'll stop quoting your posts.

i'm still none the wiser..

they say a picture paints a thousand words.. but I still don't know what it does..

looks like some kind of seal for fitting a pan to a waste pipe?

don't they uses wax rings for that? or is that just america?

ColJack said:
looks like some kind of seal for fitting a pan to a waste pipe?
Yes - on a non-close-coupled WC it seals the flush pipe to the pan.

don't they uses wax rings for that? or is that just america?
Wax ring?

Whatever that weird American thingy is, it isn't a flush cone, and I don't think it would do the job of one.

No. It appears that this wax ring is used to seal the pan outlet to a soil pipe collar in the floor.

The UK flush cone seals the 'clean' water inlet to a flush pipe. The flush pipe's connected to the.... si-phon. The si-phon's connected to the.... cis-tern. The cis-tern's connected to the.... cold main. The cold main's connected to the Local Water Authority's supply.

Now hear dee word of dee Lawd...

Sponsored Links
Back