you know you're old when......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You Know you're old when you enjoy a good discussion with your mates about the relative merits of various types of lawnmower, yup got mine out for its first cut of the season and its defunct :cry:
B&Q here I come :cry:

Sponsored Links
motivated myself to mow the lawn today but was so relieved to find the petrol had evaporated over time :)
Dell, electric push or petrol from B&Q :?:

driving through town at 5:45 this morning, and there were 2 guys mowing the grass on the roundabouts. yes, quarter to six am. :eek: :eek:

I know I'm starting to get old, 'cos I can't get the wrappers off stuff anymore :( ends up in pure force and unsuitable tools being used :D

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
I know I'm starting to get old, 'cos I can't get the wrappers off stuff anymore
Yes i know what you mean, those Mars bars can be devilish.

cellophane on cd's dvd's computer games etc aaaaaargh :evil:
Think cutting the grass might be less bovver wiv a hovver :LOL:

Dellsmp said:
You Know you're old when...................

You give serious consideration to making 'prunes' part of your daily diet :eek:

Dellsmp said:
You Know you're old when
You can find redeeming characteristics in every woman under the age of 35....

you know the words to lift music....

you repeat yourself....

you remember when coke cans had tabs that pulled completely off....and computers came without hard drives....

you tell the kids to turn the music down as it is too loud and then tell them to turn the tv up because you can't hear it....

you repeat yourself....

hmmm Ban... what about ladies aged 35???!!!!! loaded question ....

toffee said:
hmmm Ban... what about ladies aged 35???!!!!! loaded question ....

The perfect age for a lady - mature, sexy, still with own teeth and gravity hasn't had major effect yet. ;)

PS .....and some excellent products on the market too, for those 'little accidents' when sudden cough, sneeze or laugh is enduced.

Spooky story (from memory - may edit it later if I find the original), that shows just how far back you can go via old people.

It was a man remembering talking to his great-grandmother, just before the war.

And a story she told of meeting a very old man at a country house party when she was a young girl, and dancing with him.

And him saying "so, little one - now you have danced with a man who has danced with the Queen of France".

He'd been a pageboy at the Court of Marie Antoinette.... :eek:

hey... despite the fact Ban and I have history about 'accidents'... I have to stress I did actuall y do my kegel exercises!!

Dellsmp said:
B&Q here I come :cry:
Much better plan:

Buy a second-hand quality make, not a new grot-box from a shed. That way it won't go defunct in a few years.

I used my second-hand Victa for the first time this year, at the weekend.

Dragged her out of the garage, turned on the fuel tap, pressed the primer button a few times - started on the 3rd or 4th pull. I know that from now on she'll start on the 1st or 2nd.

I've had Sally for over 10 years now, and she's never let me down.

Sponsored Links
Back