You think your day is bad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If any of you think you are having a bad day how about this?

After 6 months of making excuses and generally fuffing about, I have today started laying.....................................wait for it........................250 sq metres of laminate flooring.

Three guesses who's idea it was to lay laminate everywhere in the house.

A clue, I'm married.

have a nice day

dan

Sponsored Links
You wait, she'll ask you to convert it to Square Yards so it will look better!

danman said:
250 sq metres of laminate flooring.

Blimey, I wish I had 250 square metres of floorspace!

By the way, what are you laying on your stairs? :eek:

Good thing about laminate is that your time feels worthwhile. Me and my dad did about 15 square metres impromptu laminate laying last Sunday (they've bought my little sister a flat so her old bedroom is becoming a guest room), was a great feeling being able to stand back after about 4 hours labour and say "We did that".

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
danman said:
250 sq metres of laminate flooring.

Blimey, I wish I had 250 square metres of floorspace!

By the way, what are you laying on your stairs? :eek:

Good thing about laminate is that your time feels worthwhile. Me and my dad did about 15 square metres impromptu laminate laying last Sunday (they've bought my little sister a flat so her old bedroom is becoming a guest room), was a great feeling being able to stand back after about 4 hours labour and say "We did that".

Yeah, try doing 40 sq yards of solid maple flooring. After 4 hours you look back and go oh good, just another 30 odd sq yards to do then. Still, it looks nice now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back