YouTube never loads

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
In the last few days, i've noticed that when I try clicking on a YouTube link, the page opens, in the black panel where the clip should show, it says "Loading" but doesn't.

I see I have accepted one cookie from the page.

At the top it say "Hello <my user name>" so i seem to be logged on.

And I have a "my account" page though I don't think I've set anything on it.

What should I be looking for?

Sponsored Links
John

Info from YouTube:

All videos are stuck on the "Loading" screen.

This could be caused by a number of things. First, you'll need a broadband connection with at least 500+Kbps for the best viewing experience.

If your connection speed meets the minimum requirement but you are still stuck on the "Loading" screen, this could be caused by a firewall or internet blocker. These types of programs could block the media stream from YouTube. If you have a firewall, you might want to temporarily disable it to see if the videos load. If so, you would need to adjust the firewall settings to allow streaming media from YouTube to pass the firewall. If you are not sure on how to do this, please contact the manufacturer of your firewall.

This might also be caused by another streaming application such as Quicktime fighting for the stream. Please check streaming applications installed on your computer like RealPlayer, Quicktime, and Windows Media Player and ensure they are not enabled as the default player.

Finally, you may be trying to view a video that has been marked as "Private" by its owner. Unless you are logged in and a member of that member's "Friends" or "Family" list, you will not be able to see the video. Check another video to determine if all videos are failing to load, or just one.

Hope this helps :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back