Zanussi Washing machine dooer seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my door seal has split on my zanussi washing machine and i was wondering if anyone could give me instructions on how to replace it. i have ordered the new part and would like to fit it myself.

It is a Zanussi FJDR 1466W

have searched the web for diagrams and help but no joy yet

thanks

jeremy

Sponsored Links
Very simple fitting. Have you removed the old one yet?
Fitting is the reverse of removal. Fit it to the outer tub, fit the retaining spring then finally fit it to the front panel of the machine.

Sounds simple and easy? Wait till you try it, fitting is through the door of the machine and space is extremely limited. Once you've fought for ages and managed to fit the seal to the tub correctly you've then got the spring to fit, another nightmare job, get it wrong and it pulls the seal off again.
Once you've got those two jobs done the rest is extremely easy.

I absolutely hate doing door seals on these machines.

Thanks for the reply and advice, got the new part through today, pulled old seal off :D tried to put new seal on :( fought for ages :evil: and eventually managed to get seal and spring on :D job done
needed two people to get spring on but got there in the end.

thanks again - just got to test it now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back