ZINSEER PAINTS

Sponsored Links
Third_Eye said:
Has any of you guys used ZINSSER PAINTS ! If so, have any of you's had any probs with them ? http://www.zinsser.com/[/QUOTE]

I usually have a tin of 123 in the van, Find it a great primer sealer on old flaky/scared interior walls prior to wallpaper,or just emulsion. I tried it as a primer for an aluminium garage door (like it says on can) 2 yrs ago and its sound. Meant i could prime/u/c and gloss in one day. long day tho :LOL:
I use it on sapele doors as a basecoat (it goes scratchproof in time) when customers want white doors. all seems ok so far. But no good on damp stains. on nicotine it's hit and miss. I still use solvent u/c for nico.
John.

Yes, "confidentincompetent" it is rubbish for nicotine stains and water marks. However i used 123 a while back for touching up (30cm square) a water stained gyproc cieling. Then i emulsioned over the hole cieling and the touched up area had the stain still bleeding through and i could see an obvious different shhen coming from the patched area, grrrrrrrrrrr. I bloody had to scrape back all artex on cieling, then seal again with polycell stain block, then plaster over, then emulsion over. Basically the product turned to be nightmare for touching up and stain blocking. Though is is good for other things as you stated :cry:

As I said third, I still use solvent u/c for stains mostly (thinned with white spirit so it dont look frumpy). Was brought up like that lol, ok these expensive blockers do work eventually they seem to be hit & miss and sometimes two coats are needed but, I feel more confident using me old u/c and know it will work first time. Time costs money for me. Poor old fing ain I lol.
John

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
Meant i could prime/u/c and gloss in one day. long day tho

What stopped you before Jon?.. :evil:

Got out of breaf blowing on that old zink phosphate primer, now can sit down an av a breaver. :LOL:

Nah...two seconds with the wire brush to look busy...dust down throughly..with a hanky...coat of contract matt..coat of half and half..

Job done.. :evil:

"that'l be 700 mrs and i'll throw in the special primer as I had some on the van"...oh yeh....cash please..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back