zlob removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
arggh!! tried everything on my step sons pc to get rid of this, up to date mcafee, adaware, spybot s&d

its taken over the 'home page', and shows pop up saying there is a virus -[ W32.myzor.fk@yf ], click the box to fix it blah blah, which probably drops more dirt onto the system

cant find any removal tools on the net, and some of the removal instructions are hard to follow, and some of the reg keys referred to arent there after I have looked

any ideas? or am I looking to reformat?

Sponsored Links
Which operating system? Is it McAfee reporting the problem?
Bit of info from McAfee, http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_139987.htm
McAfee website says it should be able to remove the problem providing if your DAT files and engine are up to date but also advises to disable system restore before doing so.

win xp, and the mcafee didnt report any infected files to my annoyance!!

the system had up to date AVG whch also didnt pick up the virus, I installed mcaffee this evening after reading your article above from the mcafee site, I figured that the virus would be picked up given the mcafee was up to date.

grrr!

It looks like it is a program which displays fake virus warnings to try to get you to buy some software to remove it. Have you done a full system scan with mcafee? I'd be tempted to try a system restore but wait for Igorian/Eggplant to second this.

Sponsored Links
Back