ZoneAlarm Pro 6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zonelabs now at second release of Ver. 6... in just 6 days (initially bugged ) !!
After several years with this firewall, without problem, recieved no 'notice' of the ver 6 release. rolled out 21-07-05
Almost glad, having been on their forum, sounds like many are having problems, apparently quite major changes have taken place .. Tis 9MB download now !

Anyone here a subscriber?
Did you get notice of update?
Problems?

Edit.
ZLabs help desk said:
Thank you for contacting Zone Labs Customer Support,
I understand you would like to upgrade to ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.0. The automatic updates haven't been sent for ZoneAlarm Pro yet. If you would like to download the update early please follow the directions provided......

;)

Sponsored Links
pipme, I am a registered user. I got an autoupdate this morning - the first one afaik for version 6. There is a new defence level called SmartDefense which I haven't really studied yet. There is also a built in anti-spyware scanner. I haven't had any problems today so far.

I received my notification last PM (0308)

Downloaded 6.0.631.003 then 'clean' installed today .. All fine, umpteen utilities which I play with all interacting as with 5.5.094.000

Latest Opera, FireFox, IE, OE etc all interacting ok.
I updated the 'Anti-Spyware scanner' signatures ... Upon scanning It found two possibles but I am 99% sure they are benign and mistakenly shown as spyware... I do not use the Virus checker as I have up to date Norton, and that appears ok.
I am about 10 reboots into ZAP 6, now with no problems.
Time to back up the registry I guess.
Cheers.
Pip :D

Sponsored Links
Back