Viessmann vs Intergas vs Atag

Recently installed an Intergas at home, well impressed so far.

Limescale was my biggest concern, but as we know, Combimate etc and it shouldn't be a problem.

I fitted the Hydroflow, whether they are any good or not I don't suppose we'll know for a year or two. ;)

Is it a combi boiler?

The one I fitted at home was a combi, although they can be used for either.

The plus for me was no diverter valve, and standard parts, e.g off the shelf pump at real prices not inflated manufacturer specific rip-off 3 x the cost.

Sponsored Links
Recently installed an Intergas at home, well impressed so far.

Limescale was my biggest concern, but as we know, Combimate etc and it shouldn't be a problem.

I fitted the Hydroflow, whether they are any good or not I don't suppose we'll know for a year or two. ;)

Is it a combi boiler?

The one I fitted at home was a combi, although they can be used for either.

The plus for me was no diverter valve, and standard parts, e.g off the shelf pump at real prices not inflated manufacturer specific rip-off 3 x the cost.

Yes,a Grundfos pump from B&Q on a Sunday will do. Burner parts? Fan motor? Flow switch? Are they easily got and standard parts used on other boilers?

Approved installers/agents will have a full spares case in the van.

I installed one at home for reliability, I also know if it goes wrong I can phone Intergas and have any spare part the next day without getting ripped-off as is custom with most other boiler manufacturers.

Approved installers/agents will have a full spares case in the van.

I installed one at home for reliability, I also know if it goes wrong I can phone Intergas and have any spare part the next day without getting ripped-off as is custom with most other boiler manufacturers.

What parts fail the most? Apart from the pump. Flow switch for e.g.? If a part cost say £10-20 then it is worth having it spare next to the boiler as is the case with thermocouple leads.

Sponsored Links
I think its helpful to point out to readers that George Bainbridge is the same person as Dr Drivel, Water Systems, Big Burner etc.

He is repeatedly banned for being abusive and posting incorrect and misleading advice!

I am even surprised that this site even allows him to repeatedly come up witn new names to repeat the process until he is banned the next time!

Its not a standard pump in so far as that it has 1" out lets as opposed to the standard pump which would have 1" & 1/2" out lets ! however a 1" grundfoss pump would/should fit ?

Do Intergas heat-only (open vented) boilers support separate flow temperatures for W-plan CH and DHW? (I get the impression that condensing efficiency is better if CH flow temperature can be lowered in mild weather but DHW has to be heated to 60°C.)

Do Intergas heat-only (open vented) boilers support separate flow temperatures for W-plan CH and DHW? (I get the impression that condensing efficiency is better if CH flow temperature can be lowered in mild weather but DHW has to be heated to 60°C.)

yes, this is how I do it now. wire back a cylinder sensor(an ntc) to the boiler. then wire a 3 way valve straight back to the boiler.

the boiler becomes hot water priority and allows for an outside sensor to be wired back to the boiler for weather comp.

John mentions opentherm but Mehran mentions just connecting sensors.

Do I take it that the boiler has two sensor inputs so that it can select whichever is being used as appropriate for CH or HW?

AND that it can be used instead with any controller like Vaillant which uses opentherm communication protocol?

Of course when we go to Intergas in May we will find out all about them but its nice to have an idea beforehand.

Tony

Just to take this slightly on a tangent, I don't know which way the OP is swaying but the ATAG A325EC with flue and outside temp sensor is on offer at the Plumb Center, £1113 inc vat.

I know as I bought one yesterday :)

I might be missing something fairly substantial here.... But!
I understand that the ATAG and INTERGAS boilers have a dual main heat exchanger?
So, (please forgive my ignorance) but what prevents the dormant mains water in the heat exchanger reaching 70 or 80 degrees when the boilers in heating mode?
This was a major problem with scale deposits 20yrs ago. so what's changed?
Yes, I am being serious, or am I completely missing something here?

Yes, it does Mark!

But so does it in a Puma and all the four pipe Vokeras as well.

Of course on a condensing boiler the NORMAL operating temperature will not usually be above 75°C if its being operated economically.

The reality is that as long as there is no dripping tap then it does not cause a problem. I dont really know why either.

I still advise a magnetic water treatment device but they dont seem to need them!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back