£2000 patio roof extending. Is this possible.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to make a small patio 3metre x 2 metre outside my rear dining room. Have been quoted £2000 for this inc material.

All i want is to extend the current roof so it looks part of it,rather than a separate addition. It will be supported by 2 brick pillars at either end. Can i do it, or will i need to spend 2k.

Any help is very much appreciated

I have broken the ceiling inside dining room. I can see roof timber from inside with tiles on top.

Album photo
View media item 65841

Sponsored Links
Bump.

Any ideas please as to how can this roof be extended for patio.

no expert
dont think it can
you would have to alter the roof pitch rendering the tiles useless

Sponsored Links
Its do-able

Extend out at the eaves with something like 2 50x200 timbers bolted, and bear these onto the piers

Then just extend the roof out following the existing angles. You'll need a flat section on the top

For DIY it should cost no more than £600 for materials

Agree with woody.

I'm managing a warm deck roof terrace of about the same size including steel for £2000, so you should be able to be well in. Shop around for every single piece you need and you'll make a good saving.

Biggest unknown for cost will be matching the tiles (if you need them matched). It may be cheap to find some second hand tiles and re-do all the roof than trying to match what you have.

Fubar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back