£4,300 for a new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mother in law was quoted this by British Gas for her small 3 bed semi. Shurely shome mishtake?

Another bloke then quoted her £2,100.

Is this still wildly excessive?

Sponsored Links
Fraid not, get yourself one or two more quotes and you will soon get a picture of the market rate.

their overheads compared to your local corgi are unimaginable. im surprised they can do it that cheap.

bet you would not buy a second hand car for 4300 and expect a three year guarantee

why should your heating be different

ask the chap who provided the lower costing what guarantee he is giving

Sponsored Links
RigidRaider said:
Mother in law was quoted this by British Gas for her small 3 bed semi. Shurely shome mishtake?

Typical thieving gypsy b**astards.. I`ll do it for a tenner & bacon sarney.

RigidRaider said:

This bloke would charge more, by the time I`ve condemned your cooker `cos there is a leak, bombed & failed your chimney ( if you have one) & generally closed you down,by the time I had finished , you will probably have to move out. Be thankful ;) Thank you Mish Moneypenny....The namesh Bond... Jamesh Bond, I have a lishenshe, lishence...lishince...I`LL FOOKIN` KILL YA!

No point in looking at the bottom figure, to be fair to one and all, every quote has to be for specified work using specified boiler and materials.

One qoute could be for a made in Taiwan boiler plumbed with drinking straw and other a Vaillant vcw242 done in chrome pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back