£950 Quote For Foundatons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all ive just had a quote on foundations 16ft x 18ft dug up and filled and materials supplied does this sound like a good price?

Thanks J

Sponsored Links
Could you clarify as to what it is you have been quoted for. "dug up and filled" makes no sense.

sorry meant its that the hole dug up and filled with concrete the dimensions are 16ft x 18ft basically everything is done apart from putting up the garage.

Sponsored Links
sorry meant its that the hole dug up and filled with concrete the dimensions are 16ft x 18ft basically everything is done apart from putting up the garage.

When you say 'hole' are you referring to trench foundations or a raft foundation? :confused:

So, it seems you have been quoted for a slab.

Does the dig-off include hard core, reinforcing, dpm, toe and edge thickening?

You are looking at £600 materials, plus labour, plus plant and spoil disposal. There will be a small amount of shuttering fabrication too.

I would expect a trowel finish base to take two men two days.

Either you have a bargain or a law suit when the council sue you and your contractors for fly tipping.

well he quoted £450 labour £500 materials i found him on mybuilder.com and he has good feedback and done some work on the rioch arena the coventry football stadium so cant be bad.

A mate of mine trold me about this mybuilder thingy.com, where customers try and get them as low as possible, I have no arguements about that, every one wants a bargain, but be careful, the old saying about paying peanuts.......... and all that
for a garage slab with a car on it C35 concrete is advisable, and that is not cheap

he has ... done some work on the rioch arena the coventry football stadium so cant be bad.

Er, thats grass isn't it?

Does this 'hole' need hardcore before the concrete, or is he concreting straight on to the top soil :eek:

Otherwise you are looking at a 10" thick slab - and that would be a bargain

im guessing hardcore ill ask him 2moz ill ring him but should be.would there be a big problem without hardcore??

Enough topsoil needs to be removed so that the slab has a firm base.

Typically the top 8-10" of ground will be soft, so needs to come off. So then you're left with how to fill the hole. 10" of concrete is OTT, so you would part fill with hardcore, whack it down, and then pour the slab.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back