10 x 8mm fitting red - solder ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I am confused by this fitting i have just bought, please help!

30nhjja.jpg

the 8mm pipe is small enough for 1 end but how do i connect the 10mm pipe as it is the same size as the fitting?? I thought both the 8mm and 10mm pipe would insert into the fitting then i would heat the solder and connect the 2??

Thanks in advance (hope it makes sense)

Sponsored Links
You need a 10mm straight connector... the pipe will fit in one end, the reducer will fit into the other end and the 8mm pipe fits the other end of the reducer...

Or just push the 8 into the 10 and solder up. ;)

Sponsored Links
This has got to be a wind-up, surely??

And they permit DIY gas work OMG!!!............... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Why do people think half the posts on here are wind-ups?

I'd say the OP has a valid question... he's bought a reducer for connecting 8mm pipe to 10mm pipe... the 8mm pipe fits one end but the 10mm doesn't fit the other...

Surely you guys can understand why a non-plumber might be confused?

I'd say the OP has a valid question... he's bought a reducer for connecting 8mm pipe to 10mm pipe
But that is the point he hasn't! He has purchased an adapter that fits into a FITTING (elbow, coupling Tee etc) that accepts 10mm pipe to alow that fitting to accept 8mm pipe.

This is the reason for the original advise to use a straight coupling.

The OP needs to purchase a PIPE reducing not a FITTING reducing one.

Why do people think half the posts on here are wind-ups?

I'd say the OP has a valid question... he's bought a reducer for connecting 8mm pipe to 10mm pipe... the 8mm pipe fits one end but the 10mm doesn't fit the other...

Surely you guys can understand why a non-plumber might be confused?

Then they must be posting up a question before their brain gets into gear, surely you must be brain dead if you can't see how to use a YP6??!!
Here it is dumbed down;
Tube goes into fitting, fitting has solder in it...........Jeez!!... :rolleyes:

Then they must be posting up a question before their brain gets into gear, surely you must be brain dead if you can't see how to use a YP6??!!
Here it is dumbed down;
Tube goes into fitting, fitting has solder in it...........Jeez!!... :rolleyes:
Gosh :eek: Is this a tradesman only site or a DIY one? It's just that I don't remember having to fill in a questionnaire stating my trade when I signed up. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back