15mm coupler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, are there any couplers that would attach 15mm threads together. ie attach x2 compression threads together. Id have thought there would be a female 15mm to female 15mm coupler would be availible but cannot find one anywhere.
Thanks for an replys
:D

Sponsored Links
Hi, are there any couplers that would attach 15mm threads together. ie attach x2 compression threads together. Id have thought there would be a female 15mm to female 15mm coupler would be availible but cannot find one anywhere.
Thanks for an replys
:D

The threads aren't really designed to seal so I doubt there will be. If there was you'd need a rubber seal or PTFE or some similar sealant. You might find a simple nut or something.

What are you trying to do? Surely there is a better way?

thanks for the replys.
would this fit a 15mm thread.
I basically have a flexible braided pipe with a 15mm compression connection and i have to fit it to a tap 15mm compression connection (not a sink tap, just an outdoor tap but its going in the cupboard under the sink for a hose when i wash my car).
a coupler to join these together would be much easier than using pipe.

would this one fit also?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/brass-soc...=Search-_-SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=516620

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
15mm compression fittinga are 1/2" BSP (no other size compression is BSP).
A 1/2" brass socket is what you want. I'd use Loctite 55 to seal it rather than PTFE tape. More expensive, but you gets what you pays for.

A strand of hemp is even cheaper - stuff the alleged microbiological growth :mrgreen:

Am I missing something here? What could be simpler than using a short bit of pipe between the two compression fittings?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back