2 cold radiators....still!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my rads in my kids bedrooms are still cold - here is what I have tried - hoping someone can help as I am baffled. 5 rads downstairs all ok. 6 rads upstairs, 4 ok, 2 cold. rads do not have TRV - just old pegler terrier turn valves wich are free. boiler is a Vokera combi.

WHat I have done.

closed one valve and opened other - bled off cold water till it turned warm. same on both valves. rad gets hot round edges but not middle.

took off rad and purged water through both valves until hot. both valves run hot in tis condition. took rad outside and fluched it out with hose and hammer. refitted rad and refilled with got water. rad is hot. once rad has cooled will not get hot again.

To me this tells me
1. rad is clear
2. valves are ok
3. no blockage in microbore (8mm) pipes feeding rads

so what else can it be?

Sponsored Links
The system could need balancing
Your pump is set too low or on its way out
If they never worked it could be that they are not plumbed in correctly

Not a balancing problem as if I turn off all other rads except cold ones they still dont get hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back