2 gang light switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i can find everywhere how to wire up a lamp with 2 or more switches, but i cant find a diagram of how to wire up more than a single gang light switch anywhere.
Took one apart but didnt help me!

anyone got any diagrams for example 3 different lamps dropping to 3 gang switch?

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to do? A two gang lightswitch is the same as having two separate single light switches next to each other, the gangs are completely separate from each other.

no it didnt. look on the back of it, there will be 3 triangles, each formed by the words COM, L1 and L2. One of them might be upside down in respect to the other 2. Each triangle represents a single 2-way switch.

Sponsored Links
You need to make any interconnections yourself with loops of wire on the back.

Shark, go back to the diagrams of lighting circuits and figure out how and why they work as circuits and how and why they are switched the way they are.

When you've got this sorted out in your head you'll understand what to do. Until you do understand what you're doing I would strongly recommend you don't attempt it.

If you can't understand it you should not be allowed near electricity... even as a user, if I had my way! ;) :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back