2 lights on a two way switch

tough the one i've made specially for this problem is even messier

twobuildingtwowayswitchingwithpower.png

enjoy

and remember to RCD protect this setup somewhere.

Sponsored Links
very good idea! with the 3A FCUs and 20A feed.

I dont recall seeing 20A 2-way switches, except in the MK grid range :confused:

seems your right, i don't think its vital for the switches to be 20A though as they have overcurrent protection downstream.

plugwash & crafty1289

Thank you both for your help and the diagrans, appreciated.

Regards
Vic

Sponsored Links
here's an improved version that i propose we put in the reference page.

(edited to update the diagram)

you should include an note that the armoured cable may need to be bigger depending on distance.

also a note about RCD protection (theres various places it could be put but at least the socket should have it) wouldn't go amiss.

finally did you manage to find 20A dp switches in any ranges other than grid plus? (as i say i don't really think this is vital but if we are going to reccomend them then we should provide a source).

plugwash said:
finally did you manage to find 20A dp switches in any ranges other than grid plus? (as i say i don't really think this is vital but if we are going to reccomend them then we should provide a source).
at least the grid range is available in metaclad for terminating the SWA onto.

updated diagram in progress . . .

and dont masterseal do a 20A 2W switch? that could be handy in this scenario.

crafty1289 said:
and dont masterseal do a 20A 2W switch? that could be handy in this scenario.

Yup, they do, but it's Double Pole. You can fit extra switch modules into the masterseal switches, or you can use standard grid range modules with the front bezel removed.........try it and see ;)

You don't have to use both sides of a DP switch for lighting....

14A (13A socket+ 1amp of lighting) will travel 21.34m and lose 5.38V along the way...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back