2 Port valve Corgi VAL222MV, Question

Sponsored Links
Check the Auto-Man Lever. If it moves very easily the valve is stuck in the open position. If it's at the Auto end, hard to move across to Man and returns to Auto when released, it's not sticking.

What is the problem which makes you think the valve is faulty?

I have just found the lever, it is wedged across (I assume that means open).
The reason I think I have a problem is the underfloor heating will not go off.
I made other posts re this but came to the conclusion that there was no valve, but now found it.
Why would previous house owners jam it open, when there is a programmer for it?

I have just found the lever, it is wedged across (I assume that means open).
Is the lever is loose in the slot or held at the Man end? If held, you should be able to release it. The instructions don't say how, but if there is not a nick in the slot try pulling or pushing on the lever.

If lever is loose, remove the actuator and check that the spindle can turn easily by hand - probably about a quarter turn. A little silicon lubricant should help.

The reason I think I have a problem is the underfloor heating will not go off. Why would previous house owners jam it open, when there is a programmer for it?
Possibly because the valve was sticking or the motor had given up and they couldn't be bothered to replace it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back