2 spurs 1 point. 1 side being and FCU

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
HI all,
I am aware of the rules to have one spur per socket on a ring as well as not talking more than one spur from the same point on a ring however I have discovered this wiring arrangement (crude drawing attached ) in my home and I am unsure of it is safe/compliant.

Essentially there is a junction box as the break point in the ring and two spurs are taken from this point , one spur being a standard double socket but the other being a 13amp FCU. All cables are standard 2.5mm. Can anyone explain if this is ok now due to one leg being a FCU.

Attachments

• IMG_4350.png
    IMG_4350.png
    983.7 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
I am aware of the rules to have one spur per socket on a ring as well as not talking more than one spur from the same point on a ring
No such rules in England. Don't know about Ireland.

however I have discovered this wiring arrangement (crude drawing attached ) in my home and I am unsure of it is safe/compliant.

Essentially there is a junction box as the break point in the ring and two spurs are taken from this point , one spur being a standard double socket but the other being a 13amp FCU. All cables are standard 2.5mm. Can anyone explain if this is ok now due to one leg being a FCU.
Yes, sound and looks fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back