206 High revs but only after 3 minutes from cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Hope someone can help shed some light on this little problem? I have a '99 1.1 peugeot 206 that I have just done the head gasket on.

Before doing hg car misfired on low revs. ticked over (albiet on 3!) well.

Post hg. start car from cold and for first 3 mins and it will tick over around 950 - 1000 as I would expect on choke. revs happily with no untoward noises and behaves exactly as it should. After this, as soon as there is a little warmth in the engine, revs go up to 4000!!!! tap the accelerator and engines starts to die. few or no revs. push accelerator harder and she picks up and revs again. haven't let the car run more than a couple mins so cant say what it does after that.

Whats been done -

New lambda sensor
New coil pack
New hg
New antifreeze
new belt and tensioner - timing set up with holes in cam wheel and crankshaft
New plugs

Gut instinct points to one of the sensors is breaking up when it starts to get warm. Alternatively the ECU is kaput?. Thought about temperature sensor feeding untrue info to ECU as it starts to warm? read about coolant temperature sensor giving this problem.

Any help much appreciated. Dont fancy £200 quid on a new ecu to find out its a 20 quid sensor!

Sponsored Links
I think the coolant temp sensor is a good bet, but the throttle cable hasn't become snagged during the work, has it?
Never had to replace an ECU on these.
John :)

Many thanks for your help. Certainly was the temp sensor! running sweet as a nut now!

cheers

Deano

Sponsored Links
Back