3/4" Bath Cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Total novice here....I'm after a bit of advice.

I have had a leaking tap in the bathroom for a while now, but today the flow seems to have increased so I had to attempt to sort it out.

I have removed the 3/4" Inch bath cartridge easily enough but there is no identifying serial numbers or brand names on it. I've counted the splines (18) but when I looked online there's a plethora of cartridges available, all looking slightly different.

Now the problem I have is that I am going abroad tomorrow, and none of my local plumbing supply stockists have anything remotely resembling this cartridge in stock.
So my question is ... is there anything like a universal blanking cartridge that I can fit to solve the problem until I return to the Uk?

The pipework for the tap is behind a very orante bath panel and I don't want to remove the panel if I can help it to isolate the tap.

Sponsored Links
If the thread is 3/4 in BSP ,you could fit a 3/4 plug. You could of course turn off the water supply before going away ??

Thanks Terry,

I will try and locate a 3/4 plug…
I can’t turn the water supply off as my daughter will be home (I work abroad)

Sponsored Links
That’s great, I was looking at those but wasn’t sure which one to pick
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back